Fred D. Wish Museum School is a neighborhood school where a strong educational foundation for every child is established in a warm, child-centered environment.
At Fred D. Wish Museum School, children are respected and lifelong learning is fostered! We believe that the skills we teach will prepare our students for high school, college, and beyond.
Students convey what they are learning through culminating exhibition nights by presenting work to their parents, community and museum partners. Using this unique, creative, and dynamic approach to teaching and learning, we believe students will develop lifelong intellectual curiosity, sound judgement, and a deep understanding of exploration and discovery.
Students at Fred D. Wish Museum School benefit from an interdisciplinary curriculum that allows them to collaborate through project-based learning.
Special Features & Highlights
- Our neighborhood school focuses on creating a warm, child-centered environment by connecting each student with individualized resources to help them thrive and succeed.
- Sensory Paths are located in every hallway to provide movement and structured breaks during the academic day.
- Our caring staff creates and maintains positive relationships with children and their families.
- We foster genuine enthusiasm for academic learning through engaging lessons, arts integration, high expectations, and honoring each student’s intellectual journey.
- Our Museum Theme allows students to look at the world through an interdisciplinary lens, problemsolve through project-based learning, and partner with community organizations and museums to make deep connections to their learning.
ACCOLADES Our students participate in Hartford Performs, UCONN Husky Sport programming, and community-based tutoring and mentoring.
CURRICULUM Our staff implements Hartford Public Schools Curriculum, which includes Benchmark Literacy, Guided Reading, Eureka Math, and Second Steps (SEL).
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES We offer various family engagement opportunities, for example, Workshops focused on Literacy, Math, Attendance, Nutrition and Fun, and Wish Idol.
TECHNOLOGY All classrooms are equipped with SMART TVs and document cameras. Students have access to desktop computers, laptops, and iPads.
Did You Know?
- MUSEUM AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS provide students with experiences beyond the classroom.
- The Village for Families and Children provides wraparound services including a FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER.
- Students are recognized frequently for modeling our A.W.S. CORE VALUES (Practice Kindness, Always be Respectful, Work Hard, and Stay Safe).
PK – 5:
Girls – Navy Blue Skirts/Pants
Red or White Polo shirts or blouses
Boys – Khaki Pants
Red or White Polo shirts