Become a member of the Hartford Public Schools community. Find out how to enroll your student for school today! Contact us at 860-695-8876 or visit our Office of Enrollment and School Choice.
Get the ParentSquare App TODAY!
- Attendance Matters
- Volunteer for HPS!
- Return To Learn Manual
- Family Learning Sessions Videos
- Town Hall Sessions Videos
- Parents Guide to Google Classroom
- District Model for Excellence
IN THE NEWS
- Many Hartford students say they’re excited to get back to the classroom
- COVID-19 pandemic, report unveil deep digital divide among families in Connecticut
- Hartford Public Schools Announce On-Site Testing for Students, Staff, and Families
- UConn partners with public schools to add social work students for support
Hartford Public Schools At-A-Glance*
* as of June 2021
Hartford Public Schools serves more than 17,500 PreK-12 students from Hartford and nearly 70 surrounding towns. We are one of the largest public school districts in Connecticut, with 39 schools, including 18 magnet schools.
We believe in our beautiful and capable students, high expectations, inclusiveness, collaboration, continuous improvement, and systemic accountability.
Click here to learn more about our District Model for Excellence, or click here to learn about our student enrollment process.
Parents should note that choosing an out-of-zone school may affect availability of school transportation. This program is administered by Hartford Public Schools.
There are magnet schools in each school zone. While the majority of students are from Hartford, this program is open to students from the Greater Hartford region.
School Choice Process
The most important thing to understand about school choice in Hartford is that all the participating schools are tuition free public schools with open enrollment.